With a penchant for lace bras and briefs and the look of lust received when sported, there’s no wonder why women find solace in coveted lingerie. Shoelace lattice triangle bralette’s, transparent mesh panties, engineered embroidery, decorative scalloped lace robes and silhouettes with a mucho feminine edge continue to replenish our online shopping carts.
Erotic bereft of vulgarity, romantic yet mischievous, these delicate little sweet nothings have perforated a hole in the intimate apparel market by bringing into being attire that reflects the personality of its wearer.
Australian fashion designer Natalija Bouropoulos founded her self-titled luxury sleepwear and loungewear brand in 2014. The ultra-luminous Bridal Collection includes nighties and robes in traditional ivory. Each garment beholds a relaxed, unchaste sentiment with indulgent lace beautifully anchored against the bare body. “I felt my choices [in lingerie] were limited as the options were either femme fatale, dowdy or slightly immature,” Natalija says. “I thought if I was having trouble finding pieces that are feminine, then most other women are probably feeling the same.” Armed with her entrepreneurial spirit, Natalija carefully curated a range that spoke directly to women who wanted the best of both worlds – comfort and looks.
For a woman, her lingerie is a secret second skin – an article of clothing that provides support and begets ultimate indulgence. If you’re attempting to buy any form of undergarment for your significant other we suggest you consider the following tips before you commence operation ‘purchase sexy underwear’.
- If she can’t wear it or incorporate it in to her every day wardrobe (albeit how aesthetically pleasing for you), she won’t and it will be an expensive one-time, one-off investment. Choose wisely. Espionage will help you get an idea of her style.
- If your better half sports small bosoms go for a soft cup or triangle bralette. Any bigger than a size C and you’ll want to look for something with a comfortable underwire. Point of the story? Get to know her size.
- While fire-engine red lingerie is usually the flavour of all fantasies, black is elegant and timeless.
- Lace, lace, lace.
- If in doubt, a delicate silk robe is the answer to your woes.
- Does the feeling of entering a lingerie store make you feel uneasy? There’s now an alternative, Knickerscription services such as Panty Postman exist. Get someone to do the hard work and guessing for you and sign your loved one up to receive a cheeky pair of panties in the mail each month.
Worn to impress and arouse or worn just to be worn, lingerie encapsulates the divinity of the female form and we’ve compartmentalised our go-to intimate apparel and sleepwear brands. Theatrical and hyperbolic, these undergarments bare a fabulously frivolous and free-spirited charm that expresses the modern, sensual woman who is in tune with her natural lewdness.
Where to shop:
Gooseberry Intimates / @gooseberryintimates
Natalija The Label / @natalija_the_label
For Love and Lemons / @forloveandlemons
Mae’s Sunday / @maessunday
Keepsake Intimates / @keepsakethelabel
Sass and Bide [excluisve to Myer] / @sassandbide
Bridal Trousseau / @bridaltrousseau
Lonely Label / @lonelylingerie
Panty Postman / @pantypostman